Assistant Management Accountant
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Location: Harrow-on-the-Hill, London
We are looking for a studying Management Accountant to join their growing team. For the right candidate, there are also excellent career development opportunities available within this role.
Reporting to the Director you will be a key member of the Finance Team, and you will work closely within the team to ensure the accuracy of Management Information.
You will also be responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the ledgers of the companies that you will be responsible for, as well as maintaining high departmental standards, with the proactive management of issues and varying priorities.
This is a challenging ‘hands-on’ role within a friendly and highly professional award winning shared services finance team. Key interfaces within the business will be clients (principally director level) whose finances the company is responsible for, and other members of the finance team.
• Responsible for the end-to-end accounting for allocated companies (currently using Xero) including the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of processing relevant entries
• Reporting to, supporting, and working closely with the Directors in producing useful and accurate Management Information for clients
• Production of monthly and annual accruals and prepayments, fixed asset register maintenance (where applicable), coding and posting of credit cards, director and staff expenses, and the maintenance of control accounts in the balance sheets
• Supervising the Accounts Assistant
• To provide other financial information in a timely manner and to a high standard from the Nominal Ledger and other sources
• Preparation of VAT and other statutory returns
• Review of Contractor Gross Profit reports for allocated companies
• Assisting with commission calculations
• Preparation of relevant accounts and supporting schedules to detailed trial balance for review by Directors (including balance sheet reconciliations)
• Checking and reviewing postings to the accounting ledgers for your companies
• Notification of payroll changes to the payroll bureau
• To keep management informed on the status of all aged debt
• To ensure all credit notes are properly authorised and to flag any issues and/or errors detected in billing
• Checking and reviewing postings for your sales and purchase ledgers
• To ensure all invoices are properly authorised and analysed
• To manage supplier accounts, ensuring statements are reconciled where appropriate
• To make payment to suppliers on time
• Dealing with ad hoc client queries on a timely basis
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong Excel skills
• Good communications skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to prioritise tasks
• Strong systems skills